opinions on my fish wish list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

philly

Aquarium Advice Freak
opinnions on my fish wish list

1 Yellow Watchman Goby
1 Blue Tang
1 Yellow Tang
1 Firefish
2 Oceanic Clownfish
2 Foxface Lo
1 Purple Tang

Assorted inverts, and corals

Any recommendations for inverts or corals that are easy to take care of, would be highly appreciated.

I have a 90 gallon surf line with 4 power heads with quick filters and a protein skimmer and im getting a really good lighting system.

1 Yellow Watchman Goby
1 Blue Tang
1 Yellow Tang
1 Firefish
2 Oceanic Clownfish
2 Foxface Lo
1 Purple Tang

Any recommendations for inverts or corals that are easy to take care of, would be highly appreciated.

I have a 90 gallon surf line with 4 power heads with quick filters and a protein skimmer and im getting a really good lighting system.

1 Yellow Watchman Goby
1 Blue Tang
1 Yellow Tang
1 Firefish
2 Oceanic Clownfish
2 Foxface Lo
1 Purple Tang

Use the fish calculator at this site and consider the adult sizes of your wish list. One inch of fish needs 5 gallons of water. Your 3 tangs alone will use up all the space and more. They'll end up together more than 30 inches.

The pistol shrimp'll be a good companion to your watchman goby. Leather corals are easy. I'm also quite fond of the pumping xenia, but it'll spread fast. Of course the standard cleaner shrimp would be nice (skunk & scarlets). Check the brittle star for your liking too.

I'm sure you'll get more fedback from others, but you got too many fish above - unless you're trying to choose from the above instead. Let us know.

Also, let us know how much rock you've got - or will have for the inhabitants you're getting.

Try to stick to one thread per topic.. this is the 3rd one for the same question.

Philly,

I understand your enthusiasm in trying to get your tank started but please limit yourself to posting the same/similar topic only once and only to the appropriate forum. Duplicating the same post to different areas of the website will not give you better responses. It will just make it much harder for those trying to help follow along.

Cheers
Steve

Re: opinnions on my fish wish list

philly said:
im sorry im new
No worries, it just makes it much harder to follow along and not offer advice that's already been given or possibley miss a vital piece of info leading to inaccurate advice. :wink:

philly said:
1 Yellow Watchman Goby
1 Blue Tang
1 Yellow Tang
1 Firefish
2 Oceanic Clownfish
2 Foxface Lo
1 Purple Tang
I would definately agree with austinsdad, too many large fish. Even for a 90 gal tank, 2 large growing fish is not very well recommended. If you had a 6 foot tank you migt be able to squeeze by with 3 but in a 90 gal, I'd choose just one of those. The clowns and firefish would be fine though.

Cheers
Steve

Ditch both foxface, and eitehr the yellow or purple tang. Otherwise looks good. I am a bit worried that your are rushing things. What do you have in your tank right now? How old is your tank? If you get a Yellow Watchman Goby, pair it with a Pistol Shrimp. It is an amazing relationship they share (as Austinsdad suggested). Very entertaining. Remember to add your fish slowly. One at a time, then wait a few weeks to add another. you need to wait for your Bio-filtration to catch up with the neew bio-load. remember there is no hurry.

Back
Top Bottom