opinions on the hardiest coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LONO100

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi all, i am diving into my first reef setup and i was wondering what was everyone's opinions on the best coral for the reef newbie. i am also wondering what would be the best way to promote the growth of coraline within my tank.

a little info on my setup, it is basically my FOWLR tank with a new T5 lamp.

i have 100 gallon tank, running a fluval 304, my wet/dry bio filter, and a seaclone protein skimmer. ive got a whitesand bottom and i just put in the live rock. thanks in advance.

Soft corals are generally the hardiest. Look into shrooms, zoas/palys, and leathers. How many bulbs and are they t5ho's?

Just don't let anyone talk you into Kenya tree. It's as bad a pest as aptasia, and just as appealing to the eye.

Xenia IMO is hit or miss. I can't keep the stuff alive lol. I don't think you can kill mushrooms. Like literally impossible.

thanks for all the info, it is a T5-HO, i believe it has 2 lamps and each once is enclosed in its own reflectors. so soft corals are the way to go? i am a reef newbie, but not a marine newbie, ive kept FOWLR tanks for more than ten years, so i have a general idea of what im doing, but what are some trace elements, or other things i should keep close attention to within a reef system that i wouldnt test with a FOWLR? thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom