Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-25-2015, 06:03 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Opinions please!! LED question

Hi guys i currently have a jewel trigon 350 with standard 2 sets of t5s 100cm and 50cm (approx) but im looking to upgrade to led for a mixed reef. Im looking at the TMC v2 iLumenAir 1200 216w 800mm do you think with a mounting bracket it will provide sufficient lighting to the whole tank or will i need an additional smaller fitting to replace the smaller row of t5s.. any advice and experiences are appreciated

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Old 11-26-2015, 01:07 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

43 views and no takers... wow i thought someone would have some experience with this light or lighting a corner aquarium. Nevermind ill just get one and see how it fares

Old 11-26-2015, 04:18 PM   #3
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

A popular choice are the taotronics led panels. Cheap and cover a 2 ft range that can support anything photosynthetic your heart could desire.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 06:59 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

The TMC light unit is shocking in my opinion the setup is far from easy as my brother inlaw has 2 of them light is not brilliant and my Maxspect Razor R420R lights blow the TMC's out of the water in my opinion you would be disappointed with them.
Old 12-04-2015, 05:22 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

Thanks for the opinions i have been l looking at both the maxspect and tmc light units in my lfs. You can see the difference in quality but as the r420r is another £300 ontop of the price i can get the tmc for i cant justify paying it. Ive opted for the TMC and to be honest i found the setting up pretty straight forward. I can agree that the maxspect is a better unit but im made up with the tmc 1200 seems really good quality and for softies and lps should be more than sufficient. Even my first coral a £5 zoa which I got as a bit of a tester looks pretty amazing at night.. its always been brown and ugly under t5s

Old 12-04-2015, 05:55 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

As long as you are happy with them that is all that matters

Tags
led, question

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com