OPPPSSSSS! please someone anyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adrian_0775

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ok so i get the ro water filter spend all day making water and filling my tank added 200lbs of live sand followed the directions. so i did not rinse out the sand now the water is so clowdy I cant see any of the rocks i put in (base rock still have the live rock in the box) still trying to adjust the protein skimmer but cant get it to work just right i feel like all im doing is cycling the same water. (not geting it cleaned) am i going to have to empy it out and start over???? or will the clowdines settle. its been a day and i dont se a diferrence!!!

The cloudyness will clear up. No need to start over. I would just put the live rock in there anywhere just to get it out of the box. The longer it's in the box the more die off it will have.
What kind of skimmer do you have?

live rocks in the tank

JEBO aquarium 520 Skimmer
protein_skimmer_520.jpg

I have a penguin bio-weel 350 use to have it on my fresh water tank think that will work? should i buy the cartrages of just stuff the back with floss?

i just rammed my filter full of floss.... the dust may do damage to your impeller... so after it clears up pull the impeller out and wash it out really good before using again

As mentioned above the tank will clear eventually.The added floss was a good idea I thought.

got some BIO-Spira live nitrifying bacteria to prevent new tank syndrome and speed up the establishing process. when should i add it tank is still clowdy.

I agree with Mike. Keep the power heads off for now. A great item to add to your collection is a phosban reactor with a maxijet 1200. When I added sand to my frag tank I filled the entire chamber full of filter floss and the water cleared overnight. The phosban reactor is also nice to have when you need to run carbon or any other type of media.

Back
Top Bottom