Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-26-2014, 11:14 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

orange tongo scoly

One of my LFS (actually more coral than fish, but nvm) got in (2) 2 1/2" orange tongo scolys. They have pink rays or striations, and asking price is $49 each, which I would pay and seems a fair price. My question is would they thrive in my tank? 29g biocube with PC lights that I just changed 2 weeks ago. Full tank profile is in my profile.

Thats the most recent FTS, that trachy is gone, traded for a trachy a third that size and the sand bed is less cluttered now.

Soon I will start my 40b build with LEDs
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0507141203c.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	253.8 KB
ID:	244566  

Old 07-26-2014, 11:25 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

If I could find scolys for $50 each I would buy them all. lol They run well over $100 around me.
As far as doing well under your lights, if the brain did well then i would say a scoly might do just as well. My biocube did pretty well with its stock lights so you might be surprised.

Old 07-27-2014, 12:27 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thanks for the fast answer. as far as being surprised goes, I tend to believe stock BCs are better than most people give them credit for, at least in my personal experience. I don't try anything too exotic, and had good luck with almost everything. BOP thrives, but bird's nest not. Yuma does awesome, ricordia fade away. And acans don't do well in my tank either. But stock lights grows torch hammer frogspawn, z/p's shrooms, devil's hand and toadstool, monti caps, favia and favites, cactus coral and duncans very well. some growth on chalices too.

So now, how to sneek away from work for an hour to get them? LOL, will have to wait til at least Wed.
Old 07-30-2014, 05:36 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

got it!

well...newest addition, the pink 'rays' or whatever they are called are much more defined and apparent in person. $49 is the most I've spent on a single polyp of anything, so with me luck!

And a new FTS
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fts730.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	244920  
Attached Images

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com