orange tongo scoly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chefbill

Aquarium Advice Freak
One of my LFS (actually more coral than fish, but nvm) got in (2) 2 1/2" orange tongo scolys. They have pink rays or striations, and asking price is $49 each, which I would pay and seems a fair price. My question is would they thrive in my tank? 29g biocube with PC lights that I just changed 2 weeks ago. Full tank profile is in my profile.

Thats the most recent FTS, that trachy is gone, traded for a trachy a third that size and the sand bed is less cluttered now.

Soon I will start my 40b build with LEDs

Attachments

• 0507141203c.jpg
    0507141203c.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 76
If I could find scolys for $50 each I would buy them all. lol They run well over $100 around me.
As far as doing well under your lights, if the brain did well then i would say a scoly might do just as well. My biocube did pretty well with its stock lights so you might be surprised.

Thanks for the fast answer. as far as being surprised goes, I tend to believe stock BCs are better than most people give them credit for, at least in my personal experience. I don't try anything too exotic, and had good luck with almost everything. BOP thrives, but bird's nest not. Yuma does awesome, ricordia fade away. And acans don't do well in my tank either. But stock lights grows torch hammer frogspawn, z/p's shrooms, devil's hand and toadstool, monti caps, favia and favites, cactus coral and duncans very well. some growth on chalices too.

So now, how to sneek away from work for an hour to get them? LOL, will have to wait til at least Wed.

got it!

well...newest addition, the pink 'rays' or whatever they are called are much more defined and apparent in person. $49 is the most I've spent on a single polyp of anything, so with me luck!

And a new FTS

Attachments

• scoly.jpg
    scoly.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 63
  • fts730.jpg
    fts730.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 86
Back
Top Bottom