Orca TL550 or JBJ HQI for first nano reef?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ReefManik

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I didn't know whether to put this on the nano section because it said tanks less than 20g.
Basically ive decided to take my first plunge in to marine aquaria with a small nano reef. Ive been looking through at different brands and seeing what would be best both tanks are 28g in size.
Ive narrowed it down to the Orca TL550 and the JBJ HQI and was wondering what people would get.
The Orca comes with a UV sterilizer however the protein skimmer isn't meant to be upto much and it only has 2 x 24w PL lights. It does not come with power heads. Costing around £325 with a stand

The JBJ comes with a better skimmer as standard but no UV steriliser, instead it has a 150w 14,000k MH bulb and 2 power heads costing £390 inc. stand.

Which tank would you go for would a UV sterilizer be better than HID lighting i am planning to keep some soft corals and about 4 fish in there.
Thanks

well for soft corals the orca would be easier, with the jbj you could keep many many more types of corals

UV sterilizer for a tank this size doesnt matter, its not worth it. i'd go for the jbj nanocube, better lighting, more options for coral.

Back
Top Bottom