ordered the 75 tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alrmc4

Aquarium Advice Addict
because of budget restrictions going to get it piece at a time stand next and down the line. so i have lots of time to find the best affordable live rock out there...please let me know who you like to buy from.

one more question (4 now) pretty much have decided if i want this by fall have to go with pc for lighting. will that enable me to keep a clam and an anemone?

was planning to wait but when the time comes will those lights do?

That is kind of iffy. I personally would recommend Metal Halides for clams and anemones. However I have heard of keeping anemones under pc lights. However they were high wattage systems with several bulbs. Considering you will be waiting till the time is right to add clams and anemones maybe you could save to upgrade you lighting later. Starting with pcs will allow you to keep a nice variety of soft corals, mushrooms, LPS, zoanthids and polyps. Then when you upgrade to metal halides you can keep clams, anemones, and sps coral. This is all considering you have excellent water conditions, a mature tank, and have thoroughly researched you new additions. BTW I personally have never seen a clam kept successfully under PC lighting, but I am sure it has been done. I just dont recommend it. Beleive it or not you probalby can afford metal halides on your budget, I would watch ebay closely. good luck. :mrgreen:

thanks for your input on the lights i will leave the jury out on the lights for now and check e-bay. the guy at my lfs has two clams in the set up i am piecing together i will keep my eyes on his and see how they fair he has no anemones though says he has never had luck with them...lor

For live rock and live sand I will recommend www.candybass.com BUT at this juncture he only has a few hundred lbs to sell. I expect that in the comming months that will increase as he has not been able to get access to his aquaculture plot in the FL Keys for some time.

This is where I got some of my LR and all of my LS that I have used to seed both my 20 and 80.

i've been satisfied with gulf-view.com good customer service and a wide variety of life on the rocks.

Back
Top Bottom