I have a 75 gal
Reef tank that’s not been doing well. I take it that after reading all the posts on here that the “OLD” style of trickle filters, canister filters shallow sand beds are out. So how about a review and you guys can give me you kindly give me your opinions.
I’ve just rewired my light hood Hamilton with icecaps and they work great, the ballasts are extremely cooler than before.
What I had before.
- About 60 Lbs of “live” rock that has not been the same after my move with about 1 in of “Live” sand.
- Tidepool 2 with bio-rocks in the trays with Ehiem 1260 pump for return to spray bar top of tank.
- 350 canister filter with carbon flowing into Chiller at 77 deg.
- 2 VHO
actinic 03 and X2 MH
- Aqua Clear 802 on a spray bard behind LR
- X1 small power head.
- Seaclone Protein Skimmer.
- Now I’ve removed the Bio-wheel with Bio- rock to be removed soon.
- All filter media removed from 350 canister filter, just used as pump.
- Chiller set at 80 deg.
- Berlin hang on skimmer.
- Same lights, just new ones.
- New Aqua clear power head 901 to lower spray bar.
- Use Aqua clear 802 for water movement.
- 40lbs of new live rock
- 180 Lbs of Pure aragonite sand.
make up water