Overdosed Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kilr95ss

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 10g tank and started the cycling process but too much ammonia in it, it's reading off the API chart that came with the test kit. Should I ride it out or do a big PWC?

I did the same thing on my first tank. Do water changes til you get down to say 4ppm or so. It wont hurt anything but you want the levels to be readable. :)

Thanks, read a few post where people said don't change the water at all during the cycle.

Thats usually the case but you want some readings you can actually monitor and youre at the very beginning so it will be ok. Once you get it down to 4ppm then you should be set.

Ok, did a 3g pwc and have the ammonia down to 1ppm, I will be a little more careful this time :) On a side note, a local reefer is breaking down his 150g tank and is selling Fiji rock covered with coraline for $6/lb. Bought a few pieces of the ruble to seed my rock :D

6 bucks a pound sounds expensive. i think 2 dollars a pound is average for a "getting out of the hobby" sale.

Back
Top Bottom