Overflow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

woody390

Aquarium Advice Addict
Am looking to set up the overflow to my sump, is the only way to get the water to the sump to drill the tank and if so is this hard? What would I need and any tips?

They have hob overflows if you do not want to drill. I have an esopps hob overflow. Works great for my 75g.

Not that I don't want to just wondering how difficult it is will defo have a read up on the hob overflows though as to be honest don't know anything about them at the moment

If u can drill then drill. I have an overflow box wished mine was drilled better look and less worries.

What sort of drill by do I need and cani use any drill to do it does it need to be a special kind?

Make sure ur tank isnt temp..bc ur glass will shatter if it is. I would use a drill with a cord they are more powerfull than cordless. U will need a dimond encrusted drull bit. Look up on bulk reef supply on you tube they have a video that shoes how to do it. They also salethe stuff to drill an aquarium on there online store

There was one guy who put a laptop screen up against it and if its distorted then its tempered. If not, you will be able to see the screen clearly

Back
Top Bottom