**Overflow Issue** HELP!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok overflow issue was corrected, but now I'm having another issue. Ughhhh!

I can't seem to get the water draining at the same pace the pump is returning the water.

I have valves on both of my return lines and have been trying to calibrate this every night. If I open the valves up too much, it drains too fast and begins to suck in air, making that atrocious slurping sound. So then I close them up a bit and it seems to level out, but after hours go by, the fuge water level is lower.

I've been working at trying to perfect this for days, but I can't seem to get the water level in the fuge and overflow box to remain at a consistent level.

Any suggestions? Pleaseeeeee?

i'm assuming the slurping is coming from the down turned intakes like this one, if possible try turning them slightly to the sides making it a little easier for the water to enter(first quick and cheap thing but I have my doubts) on the slightly more complicated side but I think more likely to work, would be to extend the down turned pc futher into the water in the overflow box possbly far enough that it won't draw air from the surface and slurp maybe drilling or slotting those extensions to fine tune things a bit

Attachments

• image-3753113459.jpg
    image-3753113459.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 40
Thanks for the help manbeast. I tried turning the drains to the side and it didn't help much. I was able to get the draining "somewhat" stable last night. I found out one of my drains was loosing suction and not draining any water. I got it back up and running with both drains working now and was able to stabilize the water level. It still makes a light slurping noise, but not as bad as it was. Still a work in progress.

Back
Top Bottom