On Friday afternoon, I did about a 4 gallon water change on my 55g tank. Everything seemed fine. I also added another MaxiJet 600 PH
to increase the total flow to 635 gph
. The new salt water was being kept in a spare 10g tank with a power filter on it to aerate the water. SG
and temp was very close to the main tank.
1 small sailfin tang
1 false percula clowns
1 firefish goby
1 small red brittle star
1 cleaner shrimp
1 toadstool mushroom
small amount of glove polyups
1 small colt
breakout within last couple of weeks
Everything has been in the tank at least a week, most much longer, and no signs of problems
Saturday morning, Sailfin tang is dead. All corals are closed. The Xenia seems "shriveled" up a bit. Other three fish and inverts seem ok.
Water tested ok.
Amm = 0
Nitrite = 0
Nitrate = 15 (was 20ppm before water change, and had been for awhile)
Temp = 79
pH = 8.2
No spots on any fish