Overstocked Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ercfish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Will be gettig LR soon to cycle my new 45 gallon tank. Livestock I plan on keeping in tank will eventually consist of 2 percula clowns, 1 neon blue goby, 1 fridmani's pseudochromis, and 1 of either a carpenters wrasse or a flame angel. Am wondering if that is a realistic expectation, or is this to many fish for a 45 gallon? Should mention, will have a DSB with roughly 80 lbs of LR. Another thing would be, how much bio-load do most inverts create and should I be taking that into count when planning a tank? Thanks for answers in advance.

IMO inverts dont really count toward bioload. In fact some inverts acutally count aganst the bioload in that they filter the water more than they dirty it.

I belive the fish load you specified would be toward the upper end of what I would put in the 45. As a frame of reference I have a 45 I am working on seting back up and when I had it setup at first I had 2 clowns, 2 chromis, 1 blue devil damsel and 1 coral beauty. This time around im shooting for 2 clowns, 1 yellow tang and 1 flame angel.

Back
Top Bottom