Paint

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DanRamirez57

Aquarium Advice Freak
I want to paint my aquarium but don't know what type or kind of pain to use. Ideally I would just blast it with some rattle cans but there are fish in there and I want the to stay alive and I don't think overspray would be too kind. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Very easy I went with a flat finish. Tape the sides get a brush cut in around top and bottom use a roller for smooth finish I used a 12"roller pad. Make sure it's smooth or foam. Don't push hard on the roller takes about 3 to 5 coats. Make sure it's dry between coats.

Attachments

• image-1271905848.jpg
    image-1271905848.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 74
I used porter paint. Latex is good cus if you change your mind it's easier to get off. A quart is plenty.

I actually have a flat blue that I used in one of our bathrooms I might try that out. Has anyone tried a bright color like red or orange? I wonder what that would look like.

I used krylon black spray paint. I got it at wall mart and looks really great and was pretty easy, dried in 10 minutes. Good luck!

DanRamirez57 said:
I actually have a flat blue that I used in one of our bathrooms I might try that out. Has anyone tried a bright color like red or orange? I wonder what that would look like.

Orange or red would be cool. Won't look "natural", but if you like it, go for it. I used one of those small 3" rollers for one of my tanks, the other I spray painted. Spray paint was waaaaayyy easier and quicker, but don't know how you'd do it with fish in there and tubes and wires coming out the back.

Back
Top Bottom