Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-10-2011, 02:00 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Did you clean the algae recently? When they break up they kind of look like dust. Same thing if diatoms are disturbed.

I run electrical appliances underwater and enjoy injecting things with Kalk filled syringes.
Sarcothelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:13 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Regular

I do know I am in the diatom stage and i do clean it off about 2 times a week so it looks clean.

Old 06-10-2011, 03:19 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

probably nothing to worry about.

I run electrical appliances underwater and enjoy injecting things with Kalk filled syringes.
Sarcothelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:26 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Regular

Thank you. I also had a question would my boxer shrimp beat up on a copper band ? Cause I saw my copper band bleeding so I took him out and put him in my cube and this morning it was gone.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:40 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Activist

How's your calcium? I know at times too much calcium make it look like it's snowing in your tank.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:48 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Regular

I have not checked the calcium to be honest I don't know how but I did add some calcium for the coral. But since I added it I have done 2 water changes and I get the same look and you couldn't of explained it better it looks like a little bit of snow. Lol
Old 06-10-2011, 04:38 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmgixxer
I have had my tank up and running for about 2 months and Did a few water changes to see if I can get rid of the particles but its no use. I took my water to my lfs to get tested and everything is like it needs to be. I am running t5 lights, a wet/dry filter with carbon in it, fluval 405 with carbon also, 2 yellow tangs,2 dimond gobe's, yellowtail damzel, 14 snails, 2 crabs, about 90lbs of LR, xenias,green star polyp. I have a 75g tank. If anyone can give me advice I'd appreciate it.
You might consider a uv sterilizer,however,I have a 75 myself with only one Diamond Goby.Two could be your problem.Check when you first turn your lights on,is it as bad then or just after the lights have been on awhile.One Diamond Goby is all you need for a 75 gallon especially with your tank being so new.The two gobies would be more and more active with the sand to keep from starving,which could be your problem.
Old 06-10-2011, 04:58 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Regular

Yes I do have to gobe's and one is actually rather big about 3". I will take one out and put it in my cube. Do you think it will be a problem if my sand is black in there? it's not LS.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:08 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

I've got that in my seahorse tank, the water always has little particles floating around. It is just debris, I'm unsure why it doesn't settle out and look clean like my other tanks. Could be the circular flow, I only have flow coming from the outlet from the sump and it causes a circular flow in my hexagon. I can't put another power head in either because the seahorses don't like it.
0o.Kelsey.o0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 05:19 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Regular

Well my cube has the black sand and that one is crystal clear but I have no power head in that one. My 75 is where I have all the dust like particles and that one does have the power head and the two filtration returns.

Tags
floating, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com