pcdebb's 75G FOWLR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
so the last few mornings when I turn on the light, I find one of the green chromis stuck on my pump. I guess when they goto "sleep" they sort of float their way their, and it's always the same pump. they do seem to sleep in a wierd way in the corner straight up and down. the blue ones are fine and my maroon clown is fine. Hope I dont find another one there in the morning.

So things are getting interesting......

So this morning I turn on the light and everyone takes a minute to come out of their hiding places of sleep. One of my blue chromis doesnt surface. I was suspicious lastnite as one of them had something going on with his eye, and he is the one that is missing. I've checked all my levels twice today and nothing is out of wack (keeping a close eye on the ammonia). I have plenty of blue-legged hermits and added a emerald green crab and some turbos. I'm trying to avoid messing with the rocks right now.

the two blue and two green chromis look fine and the maroon clown looks good too. I'm very closely watching him.

My fish are funny. After being missing all day, I go to turn off the light and the missing blue shows up. What's up with that?

What fish do you have in there? Could it be something going after them? Also, and I'm not sure about this, but does anyone think that 84 is a little high for temp?

I adjusted the temp weeks ago. It's 80 right now. The only thing I have right now is 2 green chromis and 1 blue chromis. The clown is in QT, not sure what it was he had but it's gone. He will stay another week to be sure before I decide anything with him. I have three turbos left and I think I have a couple blue legged hermits left. I lost a lot of them, it seems they outgrew their shells as they are empty shells everywhere. I have aragonite substrate and live rock with a lot of coralline. There's even some small feather dusters on one of the rocks.

My 44 corner is thriving tho and I treat it the same. Substrate is crushed coral on top of sand.

I don't get it :(

going thru some growing pains with the 75, but as I'm learning I see that some of it is normal. I thought I lost my green emerald crab, but I just learned I did not. what I thought was a dead crab I removed a few days ago was his skeleton. I was just feeding the fish and just did a quick glance in the tank and there he was, on one of the rocks just hanging out, and he raised one of his claws as if he was saying hello lol

lost another turbo, he someone wedged himself in one of the rocks. I went to un-wedge it and it seems that one of the hermits has taken it for his home. he went and hid in the rock, so I left the shell nearby so he can reclaim it later. Moony (maroon clown) is doing good in QT. I'm not sure if i'm putting him back in this tank or put him in the corner tank.

My phosphates are a little high as I learn about that part of the parameters. It's time I look into a good ro/di system and a protein skimmer. has to be HOB type since I dont have enough clearance underneath.

things have stabilized. I used a Phos-Zorb pouch in my canister filter and removed the carbon and that seems to help. I also put my maroon clown back in the tank last week and he's doing very well. I also added a sand-sifting star today. that was the coolest thing watching him move around, then he found a spot and started burying himself :)

Now i'm thinking of adding another fish but dont know what to get. I wanted to get a Goby of some sort and maybe something else with some color. If I have time I will visit the LFS tomorrow and check them out.

picture.php

Back
Top Bottom