penguin 330 on 10 gal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hc8719

Aquarium Advice Addict
would a penguin 330 on a 10 gal nano be too strong of a current for a tank this size.

note: i doubt this crappy filter still gets 330 gals an hour, probably somewhere like 250-300 GPH

and also note that, the water flow can be adjusted as well by lifting up the infeed tube a bit

so does this filter sound too powerful, or not powerful enough

Are you just looking for flow or filtration or both? If its flow, I'd just get yourself a rio PH or a small MJ. If it's filtration, just get your self about 1.5-2 lbs of LR for you tank and you should be fine. How much LR do you have already? IMO you dont need a filter. It does help if you wanted to run carbon or phosphate remover or something like that. Other than that I wouldn't get one if you didnt have to.

currently i dont have a sw tank, im just preparing. i know LR is a good filter, but i dont want to risk params in a tank small like a 10 gal.

IMO I think you will be okay with the LR, PH and sand. Just so long as you dont have too many fish in there or a really messy eater you should be fine. I really dont rememeber what the flow rate is supposed to be honestly. You just want to make sure that there is no dead spots in the tank and that you are getting a decent amount of surface agitation.

Back
Top Bottom