Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-21-2014, 09:28 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Pet Smart tank for salt?

Hi, someone please tell me I can use a pet smart National Geographic tank for salt water. My uncle had to move so gave us his which was never used, 46 gal bowed tank, & my family & I have been wanting to set up a standard salt water tank, no reef, just salt water fish, & the opportunity has just came, I just hope that using this tank for salt water will be ok? Thanks for advice.

Old 12-21-2014, 09:37 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

I don't see y you couldn't

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 12-21-2014, 09:44 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Thanks much, yea, idk, I just happened to see on the pet smart website under the tank that it said "watertype: freshwater"...but I don't see why it wont be good for salt, it seems to be a good quality tank. I think the rest of the equipment that I need for it I will purchase online from the sponsored links here to help support this page & to get high quality supplies. I want to do everything right. Anyway, thanks again.
Old 12-21-2014, 10:26 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

I guess it all depends on what it comes with. metals might erode in a saltwater aquarium so if it comes with a water pump or filter you might want something made for salt water. Other then that you should be able to use any aquarium for saltwater. It could also just be stating that the lights are only suitable for freshwater plants and not coral or other photosynthetic inverts

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 12-21-2014, 10:41 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Yea your right, everything looks good, no metal or anything. I've also began doing research into exactly what i need for sale water set up. Thanks.

Tags
salt, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com