Petco Live Rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i got about 22lbs or LR for 90 bucks one piece was 5 a lb and the other wasabout 7 a lb...i also bought 12 lbs of dry rock or base rock...i'm setting up this as thread build can u help me change it to that moderator?

Probably not necessary for this thread, but the Petsmart sells live"rock" by me. It's not even rock! It's apparently epoxy or plastic rock with algae on it, and its like 30 bucks for a branch like piece.

Ok.. so not to be a buzzkill here or anything.. but first of all.. 22lbs for 90$ is quite ridiculous.. and not in the good way. For 10 more dollars($100), you could have gotten 45lbs of fiji live rock shipped. And for 100 dollars more, you could have gotten 90lbs. Making sense? Not putting anyone down.. but dhemp.. you bought this live rock from petco or petsmart? That is way overpriced IMO. Online would have been a buttload cheaper.. even getting it shipped.

pp5, that is what i was trying to say in the first place. These pet store chains are complete rip-offs. They want to sell live rock for an outrageous price.. and it isn't even rock.. So sad..

yea so go check my pics on my thread build...Its great rock.. i didnt order from them online because not knowing what i was getting didnt sound to good..plus when i went to the store their stuff was just ok not great so i figured....prob. the sent stuff wasnt good...I was told the really good rock i got was really about 12 bucks a lbs with some reaching 20....then my base rock was 3 bucks a lb and i got some other live rock at 4bucks lbs..not buzz kill i'll rather pay for what i see not hope its ok once i get it....just my prefernce...monies not a issue.

Sounds like a happy camper. All's well that ends well.

Back
Top Bottom