Ph?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Grease

Aquarium Advice Freak
My tanks around 2 months old. All my levels are doing great. My ph is always around 7.8-8.0. I have two clownish n they seem to very happy. Should I or do I need to do something about?

Grease said:
My tanks around 2 months old. All my levels are doing great. My ph is always around 7.8-8.0. I have two clownish n they seem to very happy. Should I or do I need to do something about?

Should be ok as long as it's stable

Thanks. I was reading some threads n that's feeling I got from them. What about if I want corals? Don't they need a higher ph to be healthy?

What is your PH reading about an hour before the lights go out? That`s the reading I would consider.

I just started my tank 4 days ago and this whole time my pH has been 7.8 to 8.0.

That's were it's been at since I started a couple months ago too.

I would say a stable 7.8-8.0 should be good for some coral, maybe not every type but for the most part. How high or low your ph is reading is not as important as if its stable or not. Heck a stable ph of 8 is better and safer than an unstable 7.3 .....its the ph swings that kill fish.

Yeah it's been a stable 7.8-8.0 the whole time

You're ok IMO. I wouldn't try to adjust it because it could very well result in an unstable ph.....

That's why I was asking. I dont really want to put anything extra in my tank if I don't have to, u know.

Good call though on not wanting to add anything, its usually a lot simpler if we can avoid adding chems to our tanks

Back
Top Bottom