Ph dosing got my corals go coo coo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheRealFF

Aquarium Advice Freak
I tested my Ph today and it was below 8.1. I dosed a few grains of PH buffer from Seachem directly into the tank, which turned out wasn't a good idea. One of my zoos colony closed off immediately. 2 of my shrooms shrunk to a tiny size then from their mouths, tentacles things came out. My red shroom sucked those back up already but my other shroom has not. I should have missed the grains into freshwater first :( stupid me. Would that stupid mistake do permanent damages on my corals?

Thanks alot

Probably not, but they may stay mad for a long time. You really need to try to determine why the ph is down. Is there enough surface agitation? do you have a lid on the tank?

My corals came out about 2 hours later and look healthy today. Phew... Never try what i did at home kids! hehe

I have no lid. My skilter 250 provides enuf flow to break the surface water. Mayb it's b/c my tank is fairly new (almost 4 weeks of age). U probly wonder y i have corals hehe... Yes i messed up big time but all inhabitants are thriving. I just have to pay more attention to them for these early days.

Thanks for the help. That comforted me

Back
Top Bottom