pH Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mvcg

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can someone explain to me the relationship between pH, Ca, and alkalinity? I'm using Reef Buffer by Seachem on my 32 gal reef. I can't get the pH to stay at 8.3. Corals will do best in a pH of 8.25 to 8.3, right? I can get it there one evening and the next evening, it's back to 8.0. I'm using RO water purchased from a LFS. I've been told that may be part of the problem because it's "stripped". I call it "clean". Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Mark

RO water is "clean" thats the whole point of the RO filter. Usualy your salt mixture will replace all the necessary trace elements and balance your PH for you. What are you using for a salt mixture?

Is there a preferred salt mixture? Currently I'm buying from my LFS. I'm not sure what they're using. Whatever it is, it's what goes in their tanks. Advice on "the best" salt mix would be nice too. :?

Thanks,
-Mark

Best is a relative term. Until the last year or so, I would have considered Instant Ocean to be the best, now I'm not so sure.

Back
Top Bottom