Phlex's 30g SW Build Thread! (With Ups and Downs)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And here is another tank update, Sorry for the bad photo.. My kid missed some algea on the glass..

Also a couple of additions

34962-albums1671-picture11229.jpg

34962-albums1671-picture11230.jpg

34962-albums1671-picture11231.jpg

Here is a quick video of the aquarium after all the new changes.

Im now using KZ bulbs, and ro/di water with red sea coral pro salt. This is video number 1 after the new changes.

YouTube - Day 1

Thanks guys.. yes theres alot of flow in the tank, and i can definately tell the polyp extension on the corals has not been as full as in the past.. However it doesn't appear to be affecting them growth wise, and eventually they will adapt to the flow.

That look great. What did you put in the blue bucket in your sump as filter media? it looks to the untrained eye to be simple sponges.

Yah, they are plastic sponges that i picked up from the dollar store. 4 for a dollar. Works pretty well for collecting larger particles..

thanks corey.. this is just a small tank and there are millions that are lookin much better. but its my little piece of the ocean.. and so far so good!

Heres another video update. My daughter did the filming today, and forgot to clean the glass ahead of time. Cyano has taken over, so a rebuild is in the works.

Back
Top Bottom