Phosphate remover affecting skimmer operation!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

doubledown1996

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hey everyone. i have a 55 gallon fish/invert system that has been running for 3 months. eventually going to upgrade to full blown reef. everything was fine in operation until a few weeks ago when i put seachem phosphate remover into the sump. for some reason this product seems to be what caused my skimmer to quit working. or so i have guessed... instead of getting a typical brown foam in the collection cup my skimmer was producing nothing. i took out the phosphate remover balls yesterday after a couple weeks of frustration and it seems to be the culprit. the skimmer is back in business. has anyone else had this problem with seachem phosphate remover? if so, did you find another product that didn't bother your skimming? any input would be appreciate. thanks!

Good advice MR294 (y)

Another option is to do water changes with water free of PO4, and use Kalk for all evap, one of kalk's side benefits is it will precipitate PO4.

Back
Top Bottom