Pic of my new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swishyfishies

Aquarium Advice Activist
I added 50 lbs of Marshall Islands LR & 60 lbs of sand yesterday. Today I finnished aquascaping & sprinkled all the small loftover rocks & some shells on the sand. I'll take another pic of it today when it clears up some more. It looks really good today. Lots better so far than my 1st tank.

I looked under your fish page, and it says you want to keep a mandarin. I dont know if you know yet, but that is not really something you should keep in a tank that small

Yes I try to learn all of the requirements for all of the fish I look into keeping. My Species Guide says that a 20 gal min tank is needed for Mandarins but I think that is too small for all the LR grazing they need. That page isn't updated. I change my mind on whtat I plan to keep all the time. Eventually that page will have pics of the current fish in the tank.

And why does this site keep having me login in all the time lately, is the site having problems?

The site just changes servers, so it may take a few hours or so to get back to normal. I was not trying to say you had not researched, just asked you to rethink that one.

swishyfishys,

I'm not saying that this is right, but, I keep a mandarin in my 50 gal reef. I have about 70lbs of live rock. 30lbs of the rock is Florida aquacultured rock. I'm not sure this makes a difference but between the florida rock, the live gulf-view live sand and feeding with DT's, my tank is full of pods. My mandarin has been with me since Dec. 02, and is much larger today than it was about 6 months ago. I waited until the tank was about 6-8 months old, and my pod population was stable before adding the mandarin. I also do not have any other fish that compete with tha mandarin for pods. I just wanted to let you know that there are people with healthy mandarins in tanks smaller than usually recommended.

Brian

Thanks for the reply Brian, sounds like your doing a great job with that Mandarin. Keep it up! (y)

nice web site swishy looks like it is finally starting to come together for you congrats!

Back
Top Bottom