Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-11-2003, 11:35 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Pic of my new tank

I added 50 lbs of Marshall Islands LR & 60 lbs of sand yesterday. Today I finnished aquascaping & sprinkled all the small loftover rocks & some shells on the sand. I'll take another pic of it today when it clears up some more. It looks really good today. Lots better so far than my 1st tank.

-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Compaired to men....whatever women do must be done twice as hard to be thought of half as good.
swishyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 11:40 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

it's not attaching for some reason, heres the link to the pic on my site

http://pages.ivillage.com/swishyfish...creef/id3.html

Compaired to men....whatever women do must be done twice as hard to be thought of half as good.
Old 07-11-2003, 11:57 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

I looked under your fish page, and it says you want to keep a mandarin. I dont know if you know yet, but that is not really something you should keep in a tank that small
Old 07-11-2003, 12:20 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

Yes I try to learn all of the requirements for all of the fish I look into keeping. My Species Guide says that a 20 gal min tank is needed for Mandarins but I think that is too small for all the LR grazing they need. That page isn't updated. I change my mind on whtat I plan to keep all the time. Eventually that page will have pics of the current fish in the tank.

And why does this site keep having me login in all the time lately, is the site having problems?

Old 07-11-2003, 12:27 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

The site just changes servers, so it may take a few hours or so to get back to normal. I was not trying to say you had not researched, just asked you to rethink that one.
Old 07-11-2003, 12:44 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist

that's fine I'm all for advice. :P

Old 07-11-2003, 01:37 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Activist

swishyfishys,

I'm not saying that this is right, but, I keep a mandarin in my 50 gal reef. I have about 70lbs of live rock. 30lbs of the rock is Florida aquacultured rock. I'm not sure this makes a difference but between the florida rock, the live gulf-view live sand and feeding with DT's, my tank is full of pods. My mandarin has been with me since Dec. 02, and is much larger today than it was about 6 months ago. I waited until the tank was about 6-8 months old, and my pod population was stable before adding the mandarin. I also do not have any other fish that compete with tha mandarin for pods. I just wanted to let you know that there are people with healthy mandarins in tanks smaller than usually recommended.

Brian
Old 07-11-2003, 02:50 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Activist

Thanks for the reply Brian, sounds like your doing a great job with that Mandarin. Keep it up!

Old 07-11-2003, 03:41 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to alrmc4
nice web site swishy looks like it is finally starting to come together for you congrats!

http://www.shutterbugs-gallery.com/forum/portal.php
alrmc4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pic, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com