Pica Tanks.. Help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big MaC

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello Everyone, I am a complete newbie.. and I would like to start a very small pica tank, somewhere between 2.5 and 10 gallons, it would become a part of my Land Hermit Crab Tank, where the LHCS (land hermit crabs) could go and bathe/fish/walk around.
Now here comes the questions.
How small of a pica tank is possible for someone who is mildy experienced and wants it for the soul purpose of having a few tiny fish and a few small MHCS (marine hermit crabs) for the LHCS to cohabitate with.

Any thoughts comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated :)

(pic below is of my LHC tank without any of the plants that I have now added of them on the sides is a small 3 gallon fresh tank and a 3gallon salt tank. both are filtered, heated, and are tested for PH/amonia/nitrates regularly.)

Attachments

• IH7A9763 copy.jpg
    IH7A9763 copy.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 103
  • IH7A9764 copy.jpg
    IH7A9764 copy.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 75
  • IH7A9767 copy.jpg
    IH7A9767 copy.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 65
  • IH7A9787 copy.jpg
    IH7A9787 copy.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 81
You can't fit any fish in a marine tank that is under 10 gallons IMO. Even a 10 should only have 1-2 tiny fish. A pico tank is extremely difficult due to salinity changes and a small volume of water that can become toxic quickly. The bigger the better so I would start with at least a 10 gallon.

I agree with everything bribe 12 is saying start with a 10 gallon and get to shrimp goby and a pistol shrimp they have a good and neat symbolic relationship. And are usually the choices for pico tanks. Your options are very limited at that size of a tank sadly.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom