Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-22-2014, 07:34 PM   #51
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
How far out of the water do they protrude when in the sump? IMO, I would want one in the display though....my thinking is if the return pump fails, your fish won't freeze before you find out and address the situation.

Old 04-24-2014, 01:49 AM   #52
Aquarium Advice Regular

FINALLY WATER SPECS!!! how am i looking guys? nitrate is off the charts. & Holy Phosphates!! How much % water change would i need to do to lower it? im guessing all these was due to the old water the i used?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_X View Post
How far out of the water do they protrude when in the sump? IMO, I would want one in the display though....my thinking is if the return pump fails, your fish won't freeze before you find out and address the situation.
id hate to look at a heater inside the tank. :/ the water level is less than 10" for sure in the sump, and the whole heater standing up is 20-25". i forgot. currently out of town so icant measure it again. i had a family member check the water since i couldnt wait to find out. haha

Old 04-24-2014, 09:15 AM   #53
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Water changes. I know it was brought up and the jury is out, but I have seen where people put the heater in the overflow without issues. At least you have a few months or so to get it worked out. Can you return it and get two smaller ones?
Old 04-25-2014, 08:48 PM   #54
Aquarium Advice Regular

finally got to clean the glass. for some reason, the camera shots look purple-ish. in person it looks more blue more than anything.

Blues only @ 100%

whites+other colors only @ 100%

Blues+Whites & Other Colors on @ 100%
(this one is kinda blurry. didnt realize it till i uploaded)

Old 04-25-2014, 08:56 PM   #55
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by erichm20 View Post
Water changes. I know it was brought up and the jury is out, but I have seen where people put the heater in the overflow without issues. At least you have a few months or so to get it worked out. Can you return it and get two smaller ones?
i can. but the place is an hour away. lol so if putting them in the overflow is ok then im all for it.

Tags
tank, gallon, 10 gallon, ick, pic, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Sump | Sand bed? »