Picked up my 1st corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lauramichelle

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok, sadly, I returned my sand sifting starfish. But I didn't want to b responsible for it starving to death.
So, I picked up a red war coral. I placed it in the center of the tank and at mid level (20 gal). It seems ok but discolored a little. Is this normal? All water levels were fine. I'm using LEDs for coral. Might it just b stressed? Thank you

image-1688860310.jpg

I'm not familiar with this coral, but when I put new corals in my tank it takes them a couple days to get used to the new enviroment. I start them on the sandbed with little flow and move them up every couple days.

Thank you for the replies. I had LEDs designed for coral. All water parameters were checked (by the coral shop) this morning when I bought the coral. Everything was ok.

Ok, but how can I remove it from the live rock if I superglued it? I didn't want to leave it to float around in the tank. Thank you

Just snap the glue off. It will come off easily. That thing isn't gonna float, but if you are worried about it, glue it to a piece of rubble and then you can move it around to wherever you like if need be.
Also, in addition to building a skeleton, they do encrust on the rock below. I would choose a flat piece of rock to glue it to.

Snap it off? Ugh! I don't want to hurt it. I'll give it a shot if u say so.

It shouldn't hurt it to snap it off just be careful of the fleshy part. You will notice as it grows it will turn into a neat little mound. Mine triplied in size in less than 6 months I had 3 half heads to start with.

Back
Top Bottom