pistol shrimp and unidentifed shrimp..would you add?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quarryshark

Aquarium Advice Addict
I added my rock to my main tonight. After a carbonated (SW) dip, which chased a few crabs and shrimp (no mantis). I placed all the crabs in the tank and was wonder if I should add the Pistol shrimp, also can you ID this other shrimp? Its a bit different from the rest.

Going very good, thanks for asking. I did loose one of my Scotters, I think he was stressed from the move. :( But everyone else is doing great. Been at treatment level for 1 week and the spots are all gone. Battling ammonia, but that was to be expected.
Just in for a long fallow period now .

Added them. They were ticked off sitting in that container, popping away :lol:
This is a blast! :) Much better than my first rock purchase.

I would add the shrimp, but not the crab. If you want some great fun, get your pistol a goby to play with. Very intertaining.

I have a coral banded in my tank with 2 cleaners and a peppermint shrimp. He is a little moody but never hurt anybody to my knowledge.

I added all. If I need to catch something later, so be it. Gives me something to do. :) With the room I have, decent chance it can work.
Lando, I will get a Goby, was reading about that relationship last night. Sound like fun.
All were less than an 1/2 inch long, we'll see what happens.
This AM, all the feather dusters and such are popping out, so cool!! :mrgreen:

Get any barnacles? FL rock is usually covered with them. Mine all died out I guess but when I first got the rock, there was movement everywhere.

ellisz said:
Get any barnacles? FL rock is usually covered with them. Mine all died out I guess but when I first got the rock, there was movement everywhere.
Yes there are quite a few. Tons of feather duster worms, seen a few bristleworms, I believe a few coral polyps (look like Zoo's, guess I need to upgrade my lighting) and more than a few unidentified items. Like this bubble like stuff NW of the anemone.See pic)
I'm sure there is a lot of stuff that hasn't even show up yet (hopefully no Mantis Shrimp :evil: )
Also, thanks Atari.

Nice rock. I got one order from them and was a bit dissappointed. It was nice but not as nice as some I had seen. I think I ordered at the end of a batch :(

Maybe I need to order again ... :p

Thanks, I am plotting to order another 40 lbs since my fish are out for another 6 weeks.
Just gotta get the wife to go along... :mrgreen:

know that feeling, I saw the look when I spent another £100 ($175) this morning on a couple of shrimps, 6 snails & some bits & bobs!

I'm sure she'll find something to make me pay for it............

Cheers Shelton.

Shultz said:
I'm sure she'll find something to make me pay for it............

Cheers Shelton.

Truer words were never spoken. I think my wife hates the tank more every day. 8O

Hehehehehe, mine doesn't hate it, but she knows what its cost so far & I'm just waiting for her to ask for something she "needs" :)

Cheers Shelton

LOL, it was my wife's idea to take our 7 yr old 38 gal FO tank and get a 75 gal reef. Now it is my obsession and I have a 75 gal tank, a 20 gal sump, a 20 gal refugium and I set up a 72 gal bow front last night that will have a sump and should only be FOWLR. I also have a 29 gal that started out as a QT but I never took it down. The 72 gal is supposed to be the replacement but I keep think of reasons to keep it up :)

Back
Top Bottom