Pistol Shrimp info please.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cancun

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone! I have a pink spotted watchman goby....and I was reading about the relationship between the goby and the pistol shrimp....my lfs is getting some in and was considering getting one.......I already have a coral banded shrimp as part of my cuc....first I wss wondering if that would be a problem. ...the cb shrimp isn't aggressive with the other tank inhabitants.....second any thoughts or ideas on this subject would be greatly appreciated. ...or if anyone out there owns a pistol shrimp.....I would love to hear about that too!!! Thanks a bunch!!!

I have a pink spotted and a tiger pistol I believe it is and they do not have any relationship. :-( I;ve had them both for about 3 years and nothing. I dont even see the pistol anymore, I just hear him click every one in awhile. I think the smaller gobies are the ones that form a symbiotic relationship and it actually matter which type of goby for which type of shrimp.

I have a yellow watchman and pistol shrimp. They found each other really fast when I put them in

image-1805184660.jpg

Hard to see but there they are. I don't see them all the time but its cool when I do

Sometimes the gobies and shrimp pair up, sometimes they don't. Relative size may also be a factor. As for the coral banded shrimp, I don't know. They can be pretty nasty towards other shrimp, but the pistol isn't exactly defenseless.
Personally, in your place, I would go for it. Those pistol shrimp are wicked cool.

Back
Top Bottom