Places to buy pods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

indy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My wife listened to me the other day about not buying a mandarin for the new tank because it doesn't yet have the life needed to support him. She ignored how cute and lonely he looked in the store and came home without him. No, wait. That's not what happened at all. Anyway, now I need to find somewhere I can buy a good bug population from to superstock the 115g tank with to keep the little fella going. Any links?

I ordered some bugs from Sachs, seems to be a good price and free shipping. On a related note I decided to also try feeding

"Palaemonetes vulgaris - Common Shore Shrimp range from 1/4 to 1 inch long. NEW ITEM! In Lots of 25 some with eggs - great feed or fun organism to have in salt water aquarium"

Anyone have experience with these little guys?

haha.. I actually "facepalmed" halfway through the story, but who can blame her? Congrats on your new fish :]

If you have one, check the prefilter in the overflow. May have some pods there too. When I clean mine, its chock full of'm. But my tank is 10 months old.

Bugs showed up today, so the tank is swarming with mysid. SHould keep the little fella happy for a while. The shore shrimp ended up being little glass/ghost shrimp. They are all too large for my livestock to eat, so hopefully they'll start breeding like crazy. I ended up spending abot $46 for 100 mysid, 25 glass, and a baggie of copepod based plankton, including shipping.

Back
Top Bottom