Placment of Zoas??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Driller31

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have purchased 3 diffrent frags of Zoas, I started them out at the bottom of the tank and gradually moved them up further in my tank..Two of them now are at the top of the rock,getting lots of light..And the 3rd is midway in the aquarium..From reading they like alot of light, and good water flow..Do I have the 2 lil guys up to high or just leave them?? Also when I bought these they said to use Marine Snow..Will this help them grow, and spread??

Iam no expert here and some of the other guys can help you more. It all depends on the type of lighting you have and how deep your tank is.

I have HO T5 lighting 48" lights, 55 gallon aquarium, think its like 24" deep..The top rock is like 8" from the top were I have the 2 Zoas..And the other Zoa is in the middle, I have them set in different spots to see, which does better in the spots they are in!!

I would imagine about mid level should be OK. On the substrate you are really pushing the limits and the top might be too bright.

Back
Top Bottom