Planning a reef tank ?'s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ibrahim said:
Reefrocks.net has 50lbs for $85 and maybe get 10-20lbs more for only $2 a lb. Shipping is also free.
Replace as in throw it all out and replace with new PFS and no aragonite.

Thank you for the info. I will definitely look there when I buy rocks. I think my next investment is going to be one of those water changers that hooks to your sink faucet. I waste too much water letting the bathtub run while I'm refilling my tank.

So I don't need aragonite sand and PFS will be fine? If I used only PFS would I be missing out on any benefits that may be provided by aragonite sand or a different kind of reef substrate?

Bearchumjs said:
Thank you for the info. I will definitely look there when I buy rocks. I think my next investment is going to be one of those water changers that hooks to your sink faucet. I waste too much water letting the bathtub run while I'm refilling my tank.

So I don't need aragonite sand and PFS will be fine? If I used only PFS would I be missing out on any benefits that may be provided by aragonite sand or a different kind of reef substrate?

Nope. I had PFS when I used to have my 75g and saw no negative effects. I didn't even rinse the sand since its supposed to be clean. It's clean because it's used in pool filters to trap debris.

Ibrahim said:
Nope. I had PFS when I used to have my 75g and saw no negative effects. I didn't even rinse the sand since its supposed to be clean. It's clean because it's used in pool filters to trap debris.

Okay!!

Sniperhank said:
The rinsing is also to reduce the dust and small particles that can make your tank cloudy. But i have never rinsed my sand.

I rinsed mine but it still clouded my tank. My sis rinsed hers in small batches and it still clouded her tank like crazy! I'm not too worried about the cloudiness.

There will always be cloudiness. Even if you put sand into the tank with a piece of PVC there will still be some. Less small particle matter the less time is needed for it to clear up.

Wow I guess my sand was just real clean. I never rinsed mine and my water was clear within minutes.

Ibrahim said:
Wow I guess my sand was just real clean. I never rinsed mine and my water was clear within minutes.

My sisters has been clearing for 3 days now. It's almost cleared up. Lol!

Back
Top Bottom