Planning Ahead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mhorgunn

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I would like opinions on a choice of two fish either a 2 spot goby or the lawnmower blenny? My tank is a 34gal Red Sea Max. Also any preferances concerning types of cleaner shrimp?

Gobies are good choices...the blenny will starve to death in that tank.

Shrimp? Fire/Blood Shrimp are nice, Peppermint Shrimp, Randalli Cleaner Shrimp

And..if you get some sort of Prawn goby, you can get a Pistol shrimp and they will pair up.

I have a Tangaroa Prawn Goby and a Wheelers Watchman Goby so far they both seem to have paired up with my Randalli Pistol Shrimp. I plan on getting another pistol shrimp, but I'm not sure if I can have 2 in the same tank.

Will the Gobies eat the crabs I have in the tank?

Not that I have seen. All my gobies are very docile. I have Neon Goby, Firefish Goby, Tangaroa Prawn Goby and a Wheelers Watchman Goby...all my crabs and shrimp are very happy.

I agree I would stay away from the Lawnmower Blenny. They eat algae from LR and if you don't have enough LR and algae for them they will starve to death.

You can have two pistol shrimp in the same tank, assuming it is not a nano. I would say a 30G would be a small as you want to go with two pistols. I have one in my 55 and he goes to town moving sand around. I have on pile of sand that is about 5 inches high. I also have a Tangaroa Goby for my pistol shrimp, but I don't see much of him. Fire shrimp and cleaners are great shrimps to have.

Back
Top Bottom