Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-01-2013, 02:32 PM   #91
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
You bought used lighting. That's the information you should have posted. I have sold those AI SOLs. As a matter of fact, I'm still a vendor for them and can get them wholesale. Meanwhile, I use the more reasonably priced units over my own tanks.
Of course it's up to the OP, but he should know all the facts.
If you want aquarium "bling", spend the extra money for all the fancy options. If you just want reasonably priced lighting that will allow you to keep any coral you want, go for the value fixtures.

Old 08-01-2013, 02:40 PM   #92
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Lol lol if you took the time to read you would of known it was used I said that to him from the start.

Old 08-01-2013, 02:45 PM   #93
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm not saying I didn't see it, I'm saying that was the pertinent information out of your input. Not that you don't like this or he should get something better. Those statements are opinion without any experience to back them up.
Bottom line is you never used the value fixtures, so you really can't comment on them being "cheap".
Old 08-01-2013, 02:55 PM   #94
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Ok this post is getting of track. All I did was give him info he asked if I like the one you posted and I gave him my answer then he said can I find him the Ai for less and I told him I would look that's it come. Not going to take over his post hit me a pm or create a new post if you want to discuss more.

Like the great Bob Marley OneLove brother.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:39 PM   #95
Aquarium Advice Activist

Bottom line is there is factual evidence that "value" fixtures are not just usable bit extremely effective. The OP specifically is seeking value and effectiveness. Until there is factual evidence to the contrary I 2nd the use of these lights. Not just from mr. Or Carey but from my own experiences. Note what's needed here are facts not opinions. I'm new to sw just like the op so I don't clam to know everything. BUT if something is proven to work please don't bash it based of biased opinions. Like detective smart said "just the facts". PEACE EVERYONE!
Cichlidjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:23 PM   #96
Aquarium Advice Addict

Kphilly25...your private message capacity has been met. You need to delete some messages in order for me to respond. I'll respond here in the interim-
No. Moonlights are unnecessary, so I don't look for them in a fixture. If you want to view your tank at night, I would suggest using a small flashlight. I have used blue Christmas lights as moonlights, along with a few other ideas. Any dim light will work.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:34 PM   #97
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_X View Post
Kphilly25...your private message capacity has been met. You need to delete some messages in order for me to respond. I'll respond here in the interim-
No. Moonlights are unnecessary, so I don't look for them in a fixture. If you want to view your tank at night, I would suggest using a small flashlight. I have used blue Christmas lights as moonlights, along with a few other ideas. Any dim light will work.
Thanks for the advice! I got a new account because my last email was unorganized. If you would like, just PM now.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:08 PM   #98
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstreet.1 View Post
Lol lol if you took the time to read you would of known it was used I said that to him from the start.
Hey man, this is my new account.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:19 PM   #99
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstreet.1 View Post
Ok this post is getting of track. All I did was give him info he asked if I like the one you posted and I gave him my answer then he said can I find him the Ai for less and I told him I would look that's it come. Not going to take over his post hit me a pm or create a new post if you want to discuss more.

Like the great Bob Marley OneLove brother.
Clear your PM inbox.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:21 PM   #100
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Cleared lol

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com