Planning my 210 gallon reef tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I would probably need 3 and that would be $1,500 at least. Haha

I was J/K about he 12' tank. Forgot the lol. I offer these because of the built in timer and the two year warranty. Google them and look at the site They have a few sizes and I had a hard time finding any bad reviews about them. Just offering up my opinion.

Ya they'll grow whatever you want. Reefbreeders make great products. For the Taos you could use a controller, or a a heavy duty lamp timer

I like these. But I'm trying to figure out how I would cover a 6ft tank especially since its got two brace bars along the top

So the top is like 3 sections for lack of a better word? If so how far apart are they? You may be able to get a light for above each section

I have the 48 over my 120. I run it at a peak of 30 blue and 25 white. I have about 8 types of zoas that all have new heads growing and a frogspawn that's about to split.

I can't remember the exact measurements but it is basically 3 sections.

The 2 braces would creat some shadowing. The 48 has a space in the middle so no lights are above the center brace of a 4' tank. I don't know how that would work over a 6' tank.

Does the next size down have spaces? Maybe I could do two of those and put them over the two braces?

I wonder if I got the two 32" and placed them center over the brace bars, if that would work.

I think there is a chart on that site that shows what would work. Or you could just email Logan. He's a great guy and would be able to help you pick the right light setup. He responds fairly quickly.

I wonder if I got the two 32" and placed them center over the brace bars, if that would work.

I imagine it would, there smallest unit still covers a 24"x24" area so I would imagine the larger ones would work for that

So, I spoke with Logan and he told me two would work with 90 degree optics. I'm guessing that optics is just the way the light tilts? Days that there'll be no shadowing either! If these will grow what I need, sounds like a done deal with me. I'll get these. Now I just need a plan for the stand I'm gonna build! Not sure how I'm gonna do it.

Optics direct the light coming out of the led. Higher optics are good to spread light(shallow tanks) and lower optics focus the light(deep tanks). I have the 90 degree optics on my unit at 10" above the water.

Back
Top Bottom