Planning my 210 gallon reef tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is true, a nice feature of the Tao style panels is the 2 deprecate power supplies for the channels. Makes it easy to use regular timers, and just set your blues to come on an hour or hour and a half earlier than the whites and stay on longer. The controllability of the photons is nice but I don't know if it's an extra $600 nice. But it's your tank so it's all up to what your comfortable spending, but that $500-$600 can go a long way in corals :D

If those lights will grow everything I need and run my day and night cycles, I'll defiantly get those! Haha

I've gotta say thanks for all of y'all's help! I know I can probably be a bit peaty but I just wanna make sure I get this done right! I want it to be nice and enjoyable! Not half assed, ya know? Haha! As far as the timers from Home Depot, will those setup and at certain times dim the brightness down on these lights? For example; at morning they'll be somewhat dark but getting lighter, noon they will be bright, and dusk they start getting darker. Then through the night it's just blue?

I've been looking around at a few DIY stands too. I think it would be best to build it myself.

No. These lights are going to work like a T5 or halide fixture. Another words, one timer will be for the blue and the other timer will be for the white. You will set the blue to come on first and go off last, and the whites will simulate daylight.

Okay, I gotcha! Thanks for your help, Mr. X. I'm gonna try to gather up some ideas for DIY stand.

Also, I have a leftover 29 gallon brand new aquarium. Should I get it turned into a sump?

It depends on what you want to put in it. If it's just a place to hold a skimmer, that will be fine, but If you want to add a refugium, it might be pretty tight in there.

Yeah, I was gonna go with a fuge because from what I read it helps with filtration and it can kinda help me feed my fish.

Well, measure it out and see if it will work for you. make the skimmer compartment, and leave room for a filter sock, and the return compartment, and see what you have left.

I better get to searchin for some DIY videos. I plan to bring the tank home in around 3 weeks that way I can physically see it and make exact measurements.

Back
Top Bottom