planning on a new tank...need suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

klc317

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi. I recently joined this site because it has been very helpful and I might have a few things to contribute. I have successfully kept a 12g Nanocube for a little over a year now and am very happy with the results and having fun. Been through a hard cycle, bristleworm overload, and ich, but I have now learned how to deal with all these problems and many more and the tank has been healthy and stable for over 8 months now. We are considering starting a larger tank soon somewhere in the 60-90 gallon range and was wanting to hear some suggestions on which brand/type of tank would be most reliable and easy to maintain. I am wanting to go with a reef-ready bow front tank from All-Glass or Oceanic but don't know much about the real-life experiences you have had with them. Also, how do you go about the initial filling of a tank this large? Using my household R/O water filter would take a week to fill that large of a tank up. Any input and/or suggestions would be very helpful. Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom