Playing around with the camera and some new stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok starting at the top.

Purple and Blue and Green Wells Brain

Red Sea Xenia With pinks center polyps (Given to me By Darin. Story about this frag is that when it was dilivered the post office called and said the package was leaking and to come ASAP. Got there and the Xenia frag was completely out of water. DRY. Took about 3 weeks for it to come back. WE thought it was a goner)

Montipora Digitata Frag with Crocea Clam in the Background

Monitpora Capricornis

Rose BTA

Arent they the greatest!!!!! Yes he is going better. Still Gaping a little bit but his mantle is coming out like it used to and he is still stressed i think due to me moving him in the tank and him being attacked by snails. I will post pics of my girlfriends 18gallon acrylic nano today later.

Still Gaping a little bit but his mantle is coming out like it used to

The clam brings up a question. I have a clam that opens very wide with his mantle extending almost 3 inches over the shell, but the mouth is very wide as well. Is this what you mean by gaping and is it a bad thing? I thought since they did filter feed somewhat this was just their method of cycling water. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Not always true. When i first got the clam i was talking to reefrunner about him gaping. Now reefrunner said it just could be the way the clam is. And you know beofre the whole pyramid snail disaster he was happy. His mantle would extend so far that it would almost touch the substrate. Now he is back to doing that. I think mine personally that is how he is. He is happy now.

My maximas inhalent siphon opens very wide, you can easily see it's innards through it, but it extends it's mantle and appears happy otherwise.

Gaping is is not the same as above, gaping is a very wide inhalent siphon, shell open VERY wide and very little mantle extension.

Oh well then WONDERFUL. But thanks for all your help. Now i just have one little battle left and that would be the red bugs. Although i picked alot off and hevent seen anymore yet. Fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom