please don't laugh at me, but......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angeladawng

Aquarium Advice Activist
is it normal for the circulation pumps to make sand to move around a little? not a lot mind you, just like a tiny breeze went through, but enough to irritate me. I don't have the heads pointed down...one is up toward the top for agitation and the other is pointed at the front glass. the bottom of the tank looks like sand dunes...in places it's barely covering the bottom and in others it's a couple inches deep. just want to know if it's going to cause problems of any kind.

on a side note, can someone recommend a good skimmer at a decent price? currently running a seaclone 100 but I have a funny feeling that this thing is a piece of junk. I am on a tight budget and don't have a sump so it has to be HOB or external and EASY to operate. I am, believe me, nowhere near mechanically inclined

thanks everyone and I am sorry to be such a pita

It's normal for the sand to blow around. And it's actually a good thing. It will prevent dead spots. But if its moving around too much for your liking just tilt it upwards a little more.

Back
Top Bottom