please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Welcome to AquariumAdvice.com!!! :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros:
That is a VERY broad question. Let me ask...what type of SW tank do you want to have? What fish/inverts/corals do you want?

thats the thing, i am not sure at all, i am a true noob, and i want to learn some more from you guys, what are some good fish that i should be looking at. I am interested in coral also, but i think it would be to hard to maintain at first.

If you are interested in a reef, eventually, this is how I would proceed...30gal tank, 60lbs of LR, 3in LS bed, good skimmer for starters. YOu can research lighting down the road. Some nice fish choices would be percula clowns, royal gramma, purple firefish, clown gobies, shrimp gobies, sixline wrasse or a couple reef chromis. You will be limited in the number of fish you can put in a 30gal SW tank. 3-4 small fish max I would say.

Read up on what you plan on doing (reef, fish only, etc). This site is a great place for advice and knowledge. Second, be patient. Nothing good comes quickly in this hobby. if you take your time and do it right, the long term results are easier maintenance and much more time to enjoy your own piece of the ocean.

For getting started I’d read all the articles on this site that melosu58 pointed out along with the articles on liveaquaria ,wetwebmedia, and getting a good book to get yourself familiar with the basics of keeping SW fish. Of course posting questions on here will help but I’d read most everything on those links first.

Back
Top Bottom