please help. bulbs not firing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dorian965

Aquarium Advice Freak
im running four 40 watt 48" no bulbson two seperate ballast. when it came time to replace them i tried a couplt of new types.well, the bulbs that i got will not light up.i have tried the bulbs in every diffent order and the new one would not light.
new bulb was a coralife actinic 03 bulb witch i was already running one of.i thought i got a bad bulb so i got big als to send a new one. this time a coralife magtinic with is the same bulb with a reflector. the new bulb got here and it will not light.again i tried all different orders and arrangments and still no luck.

ANY IDEAS!

If other bulbs will fire in the sockets and the new bulb will not fire at all in any socket, you either have a second bad bulb or the wattage is off.

With having them shipped it is not that far of a stretch. If the socket will fire another bulb, and the wattage is correct the only option is a bad bulb.

thanks, thats all i knew it could be but it just seemed crazy to get 2 bad bulbs back to back. :|

Back
Top Bottom