Please help with fish choice.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tomtom14

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi, I have 2 clownfish, a 6 line wrasse some corals and an anemone. Everything is going well so far it has been problem free. I have enough space for at least 1 or 2 more fish. I would like to know wether a firefish would be suitable for the fish in there. As I know I may have done the ordering of the fish wrong but I would like to know if it's possible?

If not possible or risky I would like to know if a hi fin goby would be ok in the tank. I already have a cleaner shrimp and fighting conch not sure if that would change wether I could have a goby or not. I do have a deep sand bed and a good lid on the tank as I know I would need both for either one.

If both fish would be ok in the tank I would like to know what you think of each species, if you prefer one or the other etc. if neither of the fish are compatible in my tank do you have any other fish that would suite my tank.

Many thanks for the answers

How big is the tank? How old or bossy are your clowns? I added a purple firefish after a pair of clowns and it was ok, still is (the clowns were young) in recent times I have tried to add fish and my female clown has terrorized the new additions to death. She is now nearly 3 years old. So if yours are still young I would say its worth a go.

The tank is a 55l so not that big at all but enough space for one more fish. The clowns are young I got them about a month ago and haven't added any fish since so I'm not sure how bossy they are. My 6 line wrasse is nearly fully grown and is bossy, so much so he made my clowns try and jump out of the tank. What should I do now?

If it's a 55litre is say you fully stocked (over stocked even) if it's 55g that's the same as me, I love my purple firefish and court jester goby both active fish and colourful

Ok say I had a bigger tank and I could get 4 fish in their would the firefish be suitable?

I've never had a 6line but i do keep a pair of clowns with a firefish (and a few other fish) so your tank is only 55litres? I wouldn't add any other fish to that. As I mentioned before that is overstocked as it is...

Just the pair of clowns in that tank completely overstocks much less the 6 line wrasse which needs a 120l+ tank.

How long have you had the tank? What kind of nem is it? How old are the fish?

I have had the tank 4months. The six line wrasse is nearly adult but the clowns are still quite young. I don't know what you mean by rem. I do regular tests and their all perfect. 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, ph 8.3, 0 nitrate, 10 alkalinity and 0 phosphate. I have: live sand, live rock, protein skimmer, sponge and matrix as filtration. I feed once a day and have a decent clean up crew in their as well, along with corals and an anemone. Is this ok or is something wrong?

Also my test kit is top of the range and cost me £60. Is there anything wrong with it? Ow and here's a pic of it.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397742039.842827.jpg

Like everyone else said your tank is stocked, I wouldn't add anything else

Back
Top Bottom