Please share your thoughts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ive had mine around 2 months now, it had 8 heads at purchase, now my 12th head is just sprouting. I don't have halides so I can't really comment, I run T5HO lighting, it's in a 3ft tank and is under 156W of light, for 8 Hours a day. I do however feed each head every day with mysis and brine, do it at the same time as my sun coral, which comes out 30 minutes after lights out.

Here's a little look at it in and out...

img_1509614_0_7fd455e34cae72a4508390ee9718b213.jpg

img_1509614_1_fcdc8f3bfa82dbbc62f3e749b1dd62ed.jpg

Leighton, when you say you feed each head, do you just drop the shrimp in the tank or do you actually put your hand in and hand feed them?

Well I have a huge plastic nozzle syringe instead of a turkey baster, I simply suck up the defrosted food and place it almost in the mouth of each head and push out a few shrimp into each individual head at a time. I don't know about other people's duncans but mine are ferocious eaters, the instantly close up over the offerings, however my sun and bubble are a lot more gentle and take their time. I just turn the powerheads off for half an hour while they chow down. Oh missed the question above, my corals never come on plugs, they are always on a bit of live rock rubble. I don't know where you are based, I'd guess US as most people on here seem to be, so I don't know if you can get D-D products, but I use their aquascape putty the secure coral to rockwork, it dries like coraline algae colour.

Back
Top Bottom