"Plug and Play" aquariums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fargodenny

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Been reading up on the Red Sea MAX 130D setup. I am totally new to Salt and thought it would be a good starting place since it comes with everything. Was wondering what folks' thoughts are about this aquarium in particular, or if anyone has other suggestions for me. The Sea Max 130D is 34 gal (29 of which are actually viewable) and to be honest I was hoping for something in the 40 range but the next biggest Sea Max is 65 gallon which would be too heavy.
Thanks! (btw- this would be a fish only setup).

Their is also innovative marines all in one.

Lights are not included though

emerald76 said:
Ask Gboy and Nunu

+1 they have a very long thread that you could figure anything you want out about it and I'm sure they'd be more then happy to answer any questions

Huh did someone holler??! Lol

The red seas are truly incredible IMO. All equipment is top of the line, any new addition is thought out and accounted, and has served us well. Not just saying that

And you say your a noobie? Well, then youll appreciate the fact that red sea has AWESOME customer service. Call them directly with any questions and you will be set;)

Edit: and Matt's got it right..weve got threads and either of us would help with anything needed.

That being said, the biocubes are nice too..and convict sure knows how to pimp those out!!!

You so aren't kidding when you say Convict knows how to do a biocube lol
I'd go with the red sea max since it's bigger and looks like a great buy

I personally love the white ones... Haha, they look super sophisticated and high-tec. Lol

I think its a great tank as well, but i think its a shame that you want a fish only aquarium! That strong light will be lonely. Haha

Any specific questions and we would love to help!

There's nothing wrong with buying a RSM, but it is very overpriced IMO. You can piece something together yourself with better lighting and equipment for the same price as you'll pay for the RSM. If you like the all in one look and that's really what you want, by all means go for it, but it isn't going to be a great deal... ESPECIALLY since you only want a FOWLR tank.

severum mama said:
There's nothing wrong with buying a RSM, but it is very overpriced IMO. You can piece something together yourself with better lighting and equipment for the same price as you'll pay for the RSM. If you like the all in one look and that's really what you want, by all means go for it, but it isn't going to be a great deal... ESPECIALLY since you only want a FOWLR tank.

Very true. Im not sure i woul do it if it would be a fowlr...thats some heavy lighting for nothing!

Plus we got ours for way cheaper than retail...i wouldnt have bought it at full price.

And SM, it is definitly the all in one look that is so appealing. Think about how many chords run from reef tanks.,.the rsm only has 1!

Yep, and I saw a couple come back to the shop because that "awesome power center" (glorified power strip) quit working after a few weeks. I take it the issues have been addressed, since this was several years ago. Yours was cheap for a RSM, but it wasn't, you know, CHEAP by a long shot.

I have also used AIO tanks. I just have limits about what I'm going to pay simply based on looks. Biocubes, Nano Cubes, etc. aren't cheap but they are fairly reasonable. RSM is exorbitantly expensive for what you get and that just isn't up my alley, personally. I have no doubt that I could piece together at least a 90 gallon for less than the retail price on a RSM 65 gallon, with a sump and better equipment, if I were patient enough to find the deals.

Back
Top Bottom