Plumbing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BenPadelski

Aquarium Advice Activist
I need answers on plumbing an aquarium. How do you all do it with a reef ready tank? Im having a ton of trouble with mine right now. Its up and running but there is a small crack in my corrugated tubing and its leaking water. Its really getting me angry since this is about the 3rd time I tried to plumb it and nothing works.

PVC for me as well... with a couple pieces of 1" dia. hose to isolate the return pump.

PVC may be a bit more expensive, and unforgiving of mistakes during assembly, but once it's put together the way you want, it's mostly indestructible and leakproof.

Buy some marine sealant 5200 and stop the flow for awhile and apply it all around that area. One cures in three hours but a small crack will seal and dry quicker.

Seriously, I would completely replace any cracked plumbing. A few dollars in pvc is a small price to pay to sleep at night!
Take some pictures and post them here.

I am going out to lowes today for some pvc. The only thing is the outlet from my drain is less than an inch and the inlet to my sump is a full inch. So would I need an adapter?

I should have said the drain is an inch but 1" pvc isnt going to work. But the inlet to my sump will fit 1" pvc perfectly.

I don't understand why it wouldn't work. A standard 120 has a 1" drain. It should hook right up fine. You say it's slightly smaller?

The 1" drain outlet wont let me put the 1" pvc through it. The inlet to the sump (1 1/4") will hold the 1" pvc fine.

So, when you say outlet, you are referring to the bottom of the bulkhead? It's going to be either a slip, or threaded connection. I would remove the bulkhead and take it to home depot or lowes and have the plumbing guy find you the right part.

Back
Top Bottom