PO4 and Calcium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saltz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've just tested out my water and everything is ok except for my P04. The reading is 0.5. As far as I know, it should be 0. How bad is .5 and what should/can I do to bring it down? I don't want to buy a $25 additive (LFS rips people off on everything) and then find out that its useless. I've started daily water changes of 2 gallons for the week, because of the condition of my tank. The calcium is at 4.30. Is that too high? Too low? Just right?

Also, I'm about to put a cucumber into the tank (I ordered it) and so I dont know if I should or if I should give it to a friend to keep in his tank. Please let me know ASAP because I do not have much time. All help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance....

Saltz

Saltz said:
I've started daily water changes of 2 gallons for the week, because of the condition of my tank.
What kind of water source are you using? RO, RO/DI or tap?
What is your most regular food type?

The calcium is at 4.30. Is that too high? Too low? Just right?
Depends on your alkalinity level, the Ca is only one part of the equation.

Also, I'm about to put a cucumber into the tank (I ordered it) and so I dont know if I should or if I should give it to a friend to keep in his tank. Please let me know ASAP because I do not have much time.
A cuke won't be bothered by either of these issues. I would however suggest you post your other tank specs just to be safe; age of set up, salinity, temp, ammonia etc.. etc...

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom