Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-19-2008, 12:34 PM   #11
AA Team Emeritus

I tend to agree with Doug that what you are seeing are the GOOD pods. Great to have and the population will ebb and flow. Stop worrying and start enjoying yoru tank

cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 10:25 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

my tank is just over 2 months old and i have literally hundreds of pods on my glass, i got one of those magnet cleaners for my tank, works a charm but i think i may have killed off hords of them when i cleaned the glass.

there are some warm type looking things that hang around my pods too, they are about the thickness of a pod and about the length of 4 pods and i think they have legs, anyone know what these are, and some of my pods have what looks like an egg on their back, and pods are now on the glass in my fuge, i just installed the fuge this weekend and already these things are growing, i dont even know how they got in there because my water first goes through a filter.

i was about to ask a question about this but i did a search first, i went to the link that someone posted on the second reply to this thread, ( the guy w/ the dog ) and i also have those worm things spionid worms, misid shrimp and some other thing that looks like a silver fish.

after looking at that link i dont feel like putting my hands in the tank as much.

Old 08-21-2008, 10:54 PM   #13
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
LOL! You will be fine!
I'm the one with the dog....
You should get a flashlight with a red lense and watch after lights out. You will see a heck of a lot more!

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Articles
Acronym List

--Scott
roka64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 11:02 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

what if i have an isopod? i read they are not good, all these new things make me feel like things are on my skin as i read them.

i know i have seen something grayish in my tank moving really, really fast, too fast to get a good look at it, they are about the size of the entire word ( one ) on a penny, the side that has the " one cent " on the bottom.

how can i confirm? one was out the other day running around in the sand and my clown fish chased it but left it alone and the thing went under a rock.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:04 PM   #15
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
That sounds like a beneficial pod. The nasty isopod would have chased the clown.

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Articles
Acronym List

--Scott
roka64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 11:23 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

im going to have to be alot more cautions when im at the store, i had no idea about these parasitic worms and bugs and those little things that might even get inside of me.

the only thing if heard rumors of are something called ick.

the spionid worms that i have, i thought i had just one but i after i went to that link i recognized it right away and i looked in my tank and counted i have 5 little rought tubes w/ two hairs in each one, can i give these guys brine shrimp? i think they are why brine shrimp wont blow off the rock when i use the power head to clean it after spot feeding my polyps.

btw, i had my first attempt at propagating my corals today, i used a razor to remove polyps from the rock which didnt seem to even be holding on to it much but accidentally super glued a polyp to my finger, im not sure if its going to make it, it got alot of super glue on its sides but its starting to open a little, so are the other ones. i have them in the main tank w/ acrylic tubes around them to protect them from snails and water current for now.

Old 08-22-2008, 09:32 AM   #17
AA Team Emeritus

You are better off not using the tubes or using a less lengthy tube since stagnant water will aid bacteria in forming around the coral tissue where it was fragged; water circulation is imporant. If you used a crazy glue/super glue gel then drying time should have been brief and should suffice against water movement for those particular coral frags.
Old 08-22-2008, 11:27 AM   #18
Thanx but no.....

Just for the record. I love this thread. Gotten several chuckles reading it (though I know it's not funny..really.. I guess)
Old 08-22-2008, 01:26 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Freak

in one of the pictures, do you see that snail starting crawl in on the tube? thats why i wanted a large piece, i can take them off though my snails are in my fuge for now.

very offen i find snails in my polyps, i dont know what they are doing there but i dont like it, they keep climbing up to get to them then sit there.

do they eat these things? i dont know if im missing any, but they like it up there. i have turbo and nirite snails.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:49 PM   #20
AA Team Emeritus

I'm with you Captain. I just read it again from the beginning and I'm still chuckling...

cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pods

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com