Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-02-2015, 08:07 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Pods, zooplankton, and phytoplankton

Would it be a good idea to introduce pods into my tank and then feed them and the coral with phytoplankton?

Old 01-05-2015, 04:05 PM   #2
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Pods will feed themselves when introduced. Feeding things like plankton or other liquid foods for corals and inverts almost always lead to parameter issues and algae. Unless you know what you are doing with such or have non photosynthetic corals I would highly suggest not feeding in this manner.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 10:57 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperhank View Post
Feeding things like plankton or other liquid foods for corals and inverts almost always lead to parameter issues and algae. Unless you know what you are doing with such or have non photosynthetic corals I would highly suggest not feeding in this manner.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
+1 +1 +1. I got a sun coral and a chili coral, so picked up so R.O.E and some phyto. Hatched some baby brine shrimp, gave them some phyto. Figured: ahh this will be good for my feather dusters and pods and whatever else in the tank, so add a few drops there. Add a few drops of R.O.E., and a few drops of arcti-pods. Repeat daily for a few weeks. End result: so much hair algae it looks like Oscar the Grouch.

When a bottle says "highly concentrated", believe it.
Old 01-08-2015, 02:05 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

If you want to feed the life in your tank with phyto go with a live home grown culture. It doesn't come with the nutrient problems that the dead stuff does.

Tags
phytoplankton, pods

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com