poly-bio-marine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If they're coming down, then patience is your best weapon.

I'd rather use a refugium, or seaweed growing in the aquarium to bring nitrates down.

What kind of substrate do you have?

Oooo..(looking at your tank list) Did you know that the native habitat of seahorses is the seagrass plains? You could plant a bunch of macroalgaes there, and plumb the two tanks together instead of hiding a refugium under your aquarium. Increased volume should also help stabilize the water conditions for your delicate seahorses.

Excellent product. I run them frequently. The PURA filter also do about the same thing. They will also remove meds, metals, etc from the water. The cheapest place I have found is fishsupply.com $5.39

ive got 10 lbs of lr curing to help with this also. the tank that the rock is curing in was going to be the sump, so it has to wait for now......... and the seahorse tank is all the way across the room, although that was a good idea. :D

on the main website, it says these pads eliminate the need for a protein skimmer, how much truth do you supose is in this statement (regarding a 20 gal)???

There is a minority that doesn't skim nano tanks at all, but rather does much more in the way of partial water changes. I personaly say: if you have the skimmer run it.

it says these pads eliminate the need for a protein skimmer,
I would say no but it really depends on the bioload the tank has. It would take a BIG polyfilter for me to consider turning my skimmer off. :D

Back
Top Bottom